Shipping containers can be versatile. You can use them to store pretty much anything. They can also be custom-made to fit your specific needs. Because they’re so versatile, they come in different shapes and sizes. Continue reading to find out the perfect shipping container size for your specific needs.
Breakdown of Shipping Container Sizes
- A 10-foot container can store up to 22,000 lbs (555 to 626 cubic feet of internal volume)
- A 20-foot container can store up to 55,000 lbs (1156 to 1303 cubic feet of internal volume)
- A 40-foot container can store up to 61,000 lbs (2367 to 2619 cubic feet of internal volume)
The numbers listed above reference the internal dimensions of each shipping container. It’s recommended to use a packing efficiency modifier to gauge the exact amount of supplies you can store in each container. Below is a sense of the scale of the number of certain items you can store in each shipping container.
How Many Oil Drums Can Fit Inside Each Container?
- A 10-foot shipping container can fit 40 oil drums
- A 20-foot shipping container can fit 80 oil drums
- A 40-foot shipping container can fit 160 oil drums
How Many Bankers Boxes Can Fit Inside Each Container?
- A 10-foot standard container can fit 441 banker boxes
- A 10-foot high cube container can fit 490 banker boxes
- A 20-foot standard container can fit 912 banker boxes
- A 20-foot high cube container can fit 1026 banker boxes
- A 40-foot standard container can fit 1953 banker boxes
- A 40-foot high cube container can fit 2170 banker boxes
The Right Shipping Container For You
Shipping containers can be modified to provide adequate storage for a plethora of products. For example, containers utilized by restaurants for inventory storage are usually equipped with climate control features. Custom shelving and cabinetry can also be included to keep storage tidy. Regardless of what you need to store, you can rest assured knowing that it will be secure inside a shipping container. At Storage on Wheels, we have shipping containers of all sizes. Contact us to find the perfect container for your specific needs.